Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Muse

     Well, I brought Jack to an audition the other day. The director said it was okay. It was at a really nice old home near Lake Harriet in Minneapolis. He kept me on my toes the entire time. While I was reading from the script, he decided to climb the stairs and bang the window on the landing. Needless to say, I was distracted. His fervor was fueled by the host bringing him girl scout cookies. Okay, I had some too. At some point during the audition, I realized that she was giving me the part. I was elated. At the same time, I thought of all the times I had tried to get into this same company without so much as a callback. Could it be that Jack was the muse I've been missing all this time?
     By the way, the show is "Old Man Brunner Country" and it is playing at The Jon Hassler Theater. I am playing "Young Man." The show is in June. Maybe I'll see you there.

No comments: