Tuesday, June 29, 2010

From the mouths of babes (not babies)

Today Jack told me "Stay!" "I do it myself!" and then undressed himself for his bath. This induced a little sad flash that he no longer needs me for this task--and made me realize that list is only going to get longer now that he has reached the ripe old age of 2 1/2!

Jack spent much of June with his Grandmas and Grandpas while Daddy was doing a show out of town and Mommy worked. Here are some reported conversations that came out of his stay in A-town:

"Let's get some Skittles and take a break!" (Jack)
"If you go potty in the potty I will go to the store and get some" (Grandma W)
[Good answer Grandma. Note, he did NOT earn his Skittles that day.]

"You want to go to the park next to Jesus?" (Grandma W) [note to readers, there is a Jesus statue next to the park, so that was a logical question.]
"Where's Jesus?" (Jack)
"I don't know, where is he?" (Grandma W)
"I think he's hiding." (Jack)
"I think he's hiding in my head." (Jack)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot when Jack informed Grandma W. "I'm dangerous."
:) Melissa