Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Nap time is OVER!


There is nothing cuter than watching a toddler pass out in his plate of lasagna. You have to envy his ability to fall asleep mid-chew. It's like driving a car that has ran out of gas. No matter what, that car has to stop.

On the flip side, there is nothing more frustrating than trying to get a toddler to nap when he has determined he no longer needs a nap. (Hey Jack, photos don't lie!) There has been a curious phenomena of late in which Jack just blatantly refuses to go down for a nap. Instead he just collapses around 5:00pm. This is no help to anybody. Now today after a long time I was able to get him down by leaving him in his crib while I stayed right outside his door listening and checking to make sure he didn't try to jump out. After half an hour to 45 minutes he finally sputtered out. It makes me nervous though. I'm scared that he's going to make his way out of there. However, he absolutely will not go to sleep if I'm in there. That definitely does not work.  I don't see what the big deal is. I'd love to take a nap! In fact, sometimes when I'm reading to him I come pretty close to putting myself to sleep. If only it worked on him. He won't even lay down with me in bed to read lately because he knows where it's going.
Well, we're in an E.C.F.E (Early childhood family education) class. Maybe they'll have some insight.

No comments: